Monday, November 8, 2010

Duvet

So today I'm going to be talking about a song I really like, but before I do that, I'll need to explain my tastes in music. I pretty much like all kinds of music. I go through phases of liking certain kinds of music more than others. For example, when I was in France I really got into French music and country music (the latter of the two because my friend would send me her country songs while I was gone). Now, I like classic rock a lot more than before because that's my boyfriend's style. Not saying that I copy other people's tastes, just that being around people with certain tastes influences me to listen to their style more...and I get really into it. Anyways, another "music quirk" I have is that I tend to like individual songs more than particular artists (obviously there are still many exceptions to this, though). If you look at my iPod, I have about as many artists as I do songs! Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. One last notable thing to mention is that I download my songs in waves. I hear lyrics to a song, save it as a draft on my phone, and after like 30 or 40 texts build up I go and download them all. Usually within this mass of songs, I find one that I can't stop listening to, and it becomes my temporary favourite song...for about a week or two. The song that I am going to show you is the first "temporary favourite" song I have ever had.

The song I am referring to is called "Duvet" by a U.K. group called Bôa. For some reason, I almost always prefer songs with male singers over female singers, but this is an exception. The singing in the song is very nicely done, and having a female singer suits it very well. The instrumentals in the song are also very complex and unique-sounding. The first time I heard this song was in the anime, "Serial Experiments Lain". It is used as the title song, and as soon as I heard it I knew I needed to download it. So anyways, take a listen. Maybe you'll like it too (and if you don't, then don't worry...I'll be talking about other songs in the future that are nothing like this one).

0 comments:

Post a Comment